- On February 8, 2017
We are creating a Leap of Faith Community; a community of hearts, minds and souls willing to join together with those who want to take a leap.
Please share with us your Leaps of Faith in the comment section below this article and join our blog (right side-bar) to continue the conversation.
Jumping into Life
This visual image is the work of artist Tom Bender. Two of his art pieces, Fall In Art (left) and Pondering Time have become the visual representation of the work that I do in coaching my clients through life’s many transitions.
Tom’s sense of humor is evident in all his finished works. His images can raise questions, some pull your leg and others will tug at your heart. I would add, that Fall in Art also tugs at your soul.
I first saw Fall in Art, and immediately renamed it, for me, Jumping into Life – that moment when we get so fed up with our lives that we need to take a leap of faith into something else. It’s the exact moment we are willing to trust Life. We are willing to trust that, if we leap, we will have a safe landing. We will swim, we will not sink.
The central figure in Jumping Into Life is even willing to leave behind a shoe! Perhaps the shoe symbolizes a link to what might have been a safe life or it is a sign to eagerly leave behind unnecessary baggage. Please note the central figure has both a buoy and a row boat to use, if needed, for safety. She is not flinging herself into an open, restless sea.
To get you thinking about all you have done…I have made a quick list of some times when my will for something better forced me to take a leap of faith, to trust that I would not sink, to trust that I would swim. Without exception, these leaps have led me to many chapters in a very challenging and satisfying life…
- Moved to Thailand with a two year old and a highly adventuresome spouse
- Moved to Taiwan, four months pregnant having no idea what the childbirth experience would be on Taiwan
- Moved to Hong Kong, two kids, same adventuresome spouse
- Moved back to New York; adventuresome spouse now in corporate life,
- Moved to Southern CA, back to New Jersey, onto Tucson and then back now in CA.
- High School English Teacher in Belmar, New Jersey; International School Bangkok, International School Hong Kong
- Entrepreneur: Organizational Development, Executive Coaching, Career Transition, Retirement Planning (Coaching is my real life calling/purpose; Life, from time to time, has pulled me into other less-satisfying directions for work)
- Director of Sales and Marketing for 2500 unit planned Retirement Community (had never done that before) …
Really Big Personal Leaps of Faith
- Two triathlons
- One marathon
- Two Senior Olympic Swim Competitions
- Two International Salsa Competition
Please share with us your Leaps of Faith and join our blog (right side-bar) to continue the conversation.
This Week’s Resource:
It is only when you take full responsibility for your life that you discover how powerful you are.